Ingredients for making Putarekulu:
– Filo dough(you will find in frozen section)
– Melted butter / Ghee
Putarekulu Recipe Making Procedure:
– Grind the sugar to very fine powder.keep aside.
– Thaw Filo dough sheets, these are too delicate & hence need to b handled carefully.
– once it comes to room temperature, separate each sheet & spread on work surface.
– Brush melted butter on the sheet,cut each sheet into 4 inch wide , long strips.
– Sprinkle the powdered sugar on this strip & roll it carefully to form the shape of putareku.
– keep it aside for some time, till it gets a bit crisp
Video background music:
– Composition of Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji
– Guitar played by Ulf Manu (Germany)